Sunday, February 28, 2016

Blonde Hair For Spring

As spring approaches many women begin to contemplate their change of hairstyle and makeup for the warm months.  Lighter colored hair and brighter makeup is most often the trend for spring and summer.  I will be changing my hair for the new season.  I am considering coloring my hair some shade of blonde.  I know that there are some who believe that blonde hair should not be worn by dark skinned women, or anyone who is not Caucasian.  I don't believe that to be the truth, I think that there is a shade of blonde for all women.  I think the problem comes when women select the wrong shade of blonde for their skin tone.  I have seen Caucasian women as well as lighter skinned African Americans with shades of blode that did not work well with their skin tone.
Then we have the people who say that African American women wear blonde hair because the want to be White.  I am a dark skinned African American woman, there is no confusion about by race.  If I select to dye my hair blonde, and you look at me and do not know that I am Black, you have a problem, not me.  I do want to select the best shade of bonde for my skin tone so I have been researching to see what I think will work best for me.  
I have added some pictures below for anyone who may also be considering going blonde.  I have posted women of different races and skin tones wearing different shades of blonde.  It's only right that I post Nene Leakes' picture first since she had black women everywhere trying blonde hair for the first time.  The women didn't always get the shade of bonde right, but neither does Nene. 
It's only hair. You can change it at anytime, so why not have fun with it.



@neneleakes

 This is the shade of blonde I will most likely be selecting. @beautybyjj and I are about the same skin tone, and I really like her hair in this picture.

 @Chrisspy


 @marlohampton

 @evamarcille


@kimkardashianwest

@zendaya

@ciara


@badgirlriri


@nickiminaj

@kyliejenner



One of my favorite blondes @beyonce.com



Thanks for stopping by!
XOXO Tracy








No comments:

Post a Comment