Thursday, June 25, 2015

Summer Braids

Happy summer everyone, It's so hot in Atlanta that I think it's the perfect time to start my summer hair series. I will be featuring different types of hairstyles that are perfect for summer weather. Braided hair in any style is awesome for hot weather. Braids protect your natural hair, while also keeping your scalp cool.
I have worn braids at every age of my life, starting as a toddler. My mother used to braid my hair to help it grow long and thick. My mother also braided my hair because she was a working mom. My braided hair saved time in the mornings when we were getting ready for work and school. Braids do not need to be combed everyday, just put a silk scarf on at night, and add some moisture in the morning. I have worn most styles of braids, including the two side braids known to some as the granny braids that are featured in @ulovemegz YouTube video posted above. Megan is a hair and beauty Guru on YouTube with almost 400,000 followers. You can see more of Megan's videos about hair and beauty on her channel @ulovemegz, as well as on her Instagram page which is mentioned in the video.

Not only did I wear braids as a child, but I also braided my daughter's hair. Here is a picture of my daughter wearing the granny braids while allowing the relaxer to grow out of her hair. She has recently cut her hair into a short style to remove the remainder of the relaxed hair. Maybe I will do a post on her natural hair during the summer hair series.

I have listed a few other styles of braids down below












Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved this article and video on Summer hair darling, thank you for tagging me. Great job and fab video. F.D.V. xoxo

    ReplyDelete